EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare (EDIH) has been selected as the preferred proponent to design, build, and finance the West Lincoln Memorial Hospital redevelopment project. Parkin is excited to be the successful design team collaborating with EDIH.
West Lincoln Memorial Hospital (WLMH) has been caring for West Niagara residents for over 70 years. As a community hospital, WLMH provides both inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency services, complex and palliative care, surgery, and a maternal and newborn program. As a site of Hamilton Health Sciences, WLMH also serves as a point of access to one of the largest health systems in Canada for patients requiring more specialized care.
The redevelopment project will construct a new, larger hospital to serve the West Niagara community. The facility will include:
- Acute inpatient beds
- 24-hour Emergency Department
- Maternal and newborn services
- Day surgical services including endoscopy and minor procedures
- Increased outpatient (ambulatory) care space to expand availability of consultation services closer to home
- Advanced diagnostics including X-ray, mammography, echocardiography and ultrasound, and CT scanner
The new hospital will be consistent with the Ministry of Health’s high standards for patient and family-centred care, incorporating principles of senior-friendly design, accessibility, and infection prevention and control.
Parkin is pleased to be a part of the EDIH team and looks forward to another successful project.
To read more about WLMH, click here.