The Michael Lee-Chin and Family Patient Tower at Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington has achieved LEED Silver certification under LEED Canada for New Construction and Major Renovations.
- Low-flow and low-flush plumbing fixtures;
- Optimized building envelope with less than 40% window to wall ratio;
- High-efficiency pumps, fans, and other equipment;
- Use of LED lighting with occupancy controls;
- Condensing boilers, heat recovery chillers and ventilation energy recovery;
- Use of sustainable and low-emitting materials; and,
- A proactive education strategy.
The official date of certification was almost 2 months ahead of the scheduled deadline.
We extend our thanks and congratulate the team for their hard work and commitment over the past 5 years!